Honda 2 wheelers India concludes it’s ‘Biggest Ever road safety campaign’
- Reaches out to 36,000 youth across 250 cities in India to promote road safety awareness during National Road safety week!
- Nearly 15,000 people participate in ‘Honda mega safety rally’ which took place simultaneously at 47 key towns across India
- Over 11,000 individuals across 170 citiestook apledge to ride safe on roads
- More than 10,000 people in 91 towns improved their risk prediction ability through Honda’s proprietary riding trainer simulators!
Manesar, January, 2015: Committed to the noble cause of promoting road safety in India,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) has successfullyconcluded itsmammoth week longroad-safety drive which coincided the National Road Safety Week (10th to 16th January, 2016).
Reinforcing its commitment to the promotion of road-safety, Honda engaged with 35822 individuals including children and females in 250 cities across India. Supporting Honda in this celebration were various stakeholders of the society including defense personnel, Corporates, schools, several State police departments and NGOs etc.
Additionally, 10,428Associateslocatedat Honda’s 4 manufacturing plants, 11 zonal offices,5 regional offices and corporate office took ‘I am a Safe Rider’ pledge themselves.
Key highlights of Honda’s biggest ever safety campaign:
- Multiple engagements for all age groups including safety rallies, walkathons, safety banner displays at central locations of cities, drawing competition and safety quiz for kids, virtual riding simulator trainings for young adults and distribution of safety leaflets among public.
- Honda spreads its Wings beyond the obvious metros toinclude 250+ cities across India from Bhuj (Gujarat) and Barwani (Madhya Pradesh) to Dhamtari (Chhattisgarh), Dhule (Maharashtra) to Guwahati (Assam), Sringar (Jammu & Kashmir) to Nagarcoil (Tamil Nadu).
- Through various road safety initiatives, Honda educated 1,580 individuals at its 8 traffic training Parksin Jaipur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Yeole, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and 2 in Delhi.
- Many unique engagementsacross India included an exclusive ‘Rally’ by 200 women customers riding on Honda motorcycles and scooters in Bhubaneswar; a walkathon by 4000 customers in Mumbai and a helmet awareness rally for pillion riders in Bangalore. Additionally, defense personnel improved their risk prediction ability on roads with the riding simulatorsin Ahmednagar while Honda’s safety volunteers gifted flowers to riders who were not wearing helmets in Ramgarh.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Keita Muramatsu, President & CEO, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. said, “While civic authorities are taking various measure to curb fatalities caused by road-accidents; as a responsible corporate Honda recognizes its responsibility of spreadingroad safetymessage. Through our road-safety campaign in the National Road safety week, Honda fulfilled its aim is to reach out to all age groups across geographiesto promote safe-riding as an everyday habit for 2Wheeler riders.”
Adding to this Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President- Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.said,“With the active support of our network, Honda 2Wheelers is proud to be thefirst 2wheeler manufacturer that has a dedicated safety vertical to steer Road-Safety awareness campaigns across the regions. We are overwhelmed by the terrific response by Indian citizens to our National Road Safety Week campaign.”