‘Goa Education Trust Scholarships’ to the UK is now open for applications
The British Council, UK’s International organisation for educational and cultural relations announces Goa Education Trust scholarships to the UK. These scholarships will fund Indians to pursue a Masters in the UK in various disciplines including Journalism, Education, Ancient History and Law.
Goa Education Trust Scholarship (GET) is open to all Indian nationals with valid Indian passport. Interested candidates can apply and win financial assistance to study in the UK. The Scholarship will fund tuition fees up to a maximum of GBP 12500.
The Goa Education Trust Scholarship (GET) has been conceptualised by the industrious Dempo and Fomento groups from Goa and is aimed to provide students an efficient medium to pursue the best available opportunities in education, in whichever academic fields they choose.
Gill Caldicott, Acting Country Director, British Council India said, “Goa Education Trust scholarship is an initiative through which we support the Indian students to enhance their skills by studying in the best UK universities. The scholarship has already benefitted a lot of students and we are positive towards receiving a higher number of applicants this year as well.”
GET Scholar Uma Damle, who is presently pursuing a Masters in Fashion Photography at University of Arts, said “The interview was a challenging and mentally stimulating exercise. The questions asked were intelligent, insightful and made one think on their feet. The realisation that I will finally fulfil my dream of studying in University of Arts London is yet to sink in. I cannot express my gratitude towards GET and British Council for funding an unconventional course like mine.”
Deadline for applications to the Scholarship is 15 May 2016. Further details on the eligibility criteria and application are available on https://www.britishcouncil.in/study-uk/scholarships/goa-education-trust-scholarships.
- Candidates should have applied for a one year Master’s programme in the UK beginning in September / October 2016 (Proof of admission / application will be required at the time of the interview)
- Candidates should be Indian national with valid Indian Passport and must be in India at the time of applying for the Scholarship
- Candidates must be not more than 30 years of age when applying for the scholarship
- Candidates should have an excellent track record in academics and extra- curricular achievements
Any queries on the Scholarship may be directed to email@example.com or call the British Council on 022 67486739 (Mumbai) or 0120 4569000 (toll-free)
- Download the application form from the website
- Fill the complete application form
- Along with the application form please submit scanned copies of the following documents:
- Documentary proof of birth certificate of the applicant
- Documentary proof of residence of the applicant
- A copy of your conditional/ unconditional admission letter from the UK institution
- One academic and one professional reference letter, although recent graduates may submit two academic references of not more than one A4 size page each
- Mail in the filled in application form along with the scanned documents to
Notes to the Editor:
- Goa Education Trust Scholarship (GET) has been conceptualized by the industrious Dempo and Fomento groups from Goa. GET is aimed to provide Goans an efficient medium to pursue the best available opportunities in education, in whichever academic fields they desire. It will provide scholarships to eligible students for their post graduate studies in the United Kingdom in all spheres, fields and departments. Both the groups are well known in Goa as also in other parts of India for their contribution towards social causes ranging from education, medical care and child and women development. Both the groups have long felt the need to provide Goans an efficient medium to pursue the best available opportunities in education, in whatever areas they desire. It is with this intention that the seed of forming a channel for higher education was germinated and it is today that the seed is seeing full bloom with the launch of the Goa Education Trust.
- The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for educational opportunity and cultural relations and is represented in over 100 countries worldwide. We promote engagement and trust worldwide through an exchange of knowledge and ideas. Our work in India focuses on English and UK Qualifications, Education and Society and the Arts. To find out more about our work in India please visit http://www.britishcouncil.in/
- Visit educationuk-in.org for a comprehensive website aimed solely at the Indian students with a searchable course database of more than 450,000 courses, information on visa procedures, stories from alumni, scholarship information and lots of advice for potential students and their families.