LAKMÉ FASHION WEEK WINTER/FESTIVE 2016
The city that never fails in the style stakes is gearing itself to host yet another season of fashion and design. In its 17th year, the prestigious platform unveiled in a first of its kind, digital curtain raiser on Lakmé Fashion Week’s social media portals. A stellar line-up of 92 participating designers have once more come together to present the best of the fashion industry through innovative and inclusive collaborations. They will be showcasing their collection from the 24th August to 28th August, 2016 at The St. Regis, Mumbai.
Since its inception, Lakmé Fashion Week has set new trends, strived to promote young talent, taken the lead on the digital front and has transformed India’s premier fashion week into a global platform. This season too will witness a perfect amalgamation of upcoming talent and industry’s most established names that will set an unparalleled benchmark of diversity, creativity, technology and energy and has partnered with Twitter to bring our talent to the forefront via the Twitter Blue Room.
There were two rounds of Model Auditions in Mumbai and North East wherein 7fresh faces were selected to walk the ramp this season. Moreover, this season there was a special plus size model audition where 6 curvaceous females and 4 males were selected to walk the ramp for the first ever Plus Size show. International talent will also be seen at the upcoming fashion week, including supermodel, Monica Thomas andInternational make-up artist and LFW’s official make-up expert, Donald Simrock.
LOOKING THROUGH THE LENS
HIGHLIGHTS OF LAKMÉ FASHION WEEK WINTER/FESTIVE 2016:
- LAKMÉ GRAND FINALE – SABYASACHI MUKHERJEE
Celebrated designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee returns to the very stage where he made his debut, but this time as the Lakmé Grand Finale Designer. The audience will be in for a spectacular show as his collection will be inspired by Lakmé’s beauty statement for the season – ‘Illuminate’, a theme that is often mirrored in a signature Sabyasachi design.
- OPENING SHOW – LYF Presents TARUN TAHILIANI
Acclaimed fashion designer, Tarun Tahiliani is set to open Lakmé Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2016.He will be showcasing his Winter/Festive ’16 collection is a celebration of the woman of today whose confidence in herself and her sexuality is reflected in the clothes she wears and the manner in which she presents herself to the world.
- ETIHAD AIRWAYS PRESENTS MANISH MALHOTRA
As part of the global Fashion Week Sponsorship, Etihad Airways presents Manish Malhotra, who will be showcasing a one of its kindshow.
- 6 DEGREES PRESENTS STAGE ONE
Stage One, an experimental space, will showcase conceptual themes in fashion such as Art, Technology, Sustainability and Theatre. Emerging designers – who are the best of the Gen Next alumni such as Chola, Chirag Nainani, Aalyxir, and others from the industry will be showcasing their Winter/Festive 2016 collections. Cerebral designers such as Wendell Rodricks (openingshow), Pinakin Patel, Rimzim Dadu, Anavila and a lot more will be participating in this space with their individual artistic initiatives.
- REVEALING THE MUCH AWAITED OFFSITE SHOWS
To enhance the fashion experience for its key stakeholders and patrons, LFW will have offsite shows which will be highly experiential. These include the Tarun Tahiliani opening show, Sabyasachi closing show and the Manish Malhotra Fashion Meets Technology show. Besides this there is Sanjay Garg in association with Monaco Tourism
- INDUSTRY STALWARTS IN ATTENDANCE
This season will see participation by some of India’s most celebrated designers namely Rajesh Pratap Singh, Sanjay Garg, Ashish N Soni, Shantanu & Nikhil, Payal Khandwala, Atsu Sekhose, Antar-Agni, Kallol Datta,, Shilpa Chavan, Kunal Rawal,Suhani Pittie, Arjun Saluja among others.
- INIFD PRESENTS GEN NEXT SHOW
INIFD will once again be the official knowledge partner for Lakmé Fashion Week for the 15thconsecutive season and will present the prestigious GenNext show at LFW WF 2016. This collaboration between fashion and education is an attempt to integrate knowledge sharing among the Indian fashion fraternity.
- SUSTAINABLE FASHION AND INDIAN TEXTILE DAY
The much loved and unique property that pays tribute to the rich heritage of Indian hand-woven luxury season after season.Designers like Sanjay Garg from Raw Mango, Anavila, Anuradha Peguamong others will present India’s rare and finest concepts. Moreover, there will be a show called Assam Day during ITD that will be dedicated to the Assamese designers.
Speaking about the upcoming season, Purnima Lamba – Head of Innovation at Lakmésaid, “I am thrilled to present a brand new range of ‘Lakmé Absolute Illuminate’ that will add the perfect shimmer and glow to your make up this season. This is an extension of our Illuminate statement that was launched during Lakmé Fashion Week Summer Resort 2016 and will be brought to life through Sabyasachi’s vision. The products are specially designed for the festive season, enabling anybody to integrate the latest runway trend with ease. The illuminating foundation, shimmer bricks, bronzers, and highlighters – everything in this range will help you bring Illuminate to life through your look.”
Sharing his views, Jaspreet Chandok, Vice-President and Head-Fashion at IMG Reliance said, “Each season, Lakme Fashion Week has been setting new trends in fashion. This season is just as exciting with a mix of exciting new talent on board, integration of technology, focus on sustainability and showcases from some of the premier designers in the country.”
- Lakmé Fashion Week is jointly organized by Lakmé, the No.1 cosmetics and beauty services brand in India and IMG Reliance, the global leader in sports and entertainment event marketing and management
- LYF will be the Associate Sponsor from this season and has collaborated with one of the top designers, Tarun Tahiliani, who will be inaugurating this season at St Xaviers on 23rd August, 2016.
- DHL continues to be the co-sponsor and lends its support with the Guest Relationship Desk
- ETIHAD AIRWAYS is our Global Airline Partner and has collaborated with the acclaimed designer, Manish Malhotra.The show will take place at ITC Grand Central, Parel on the 24th August, 2016. The VIP lounge at the venue will be called the “Etihad VIP Lounge” that will host various post show designer cocktails
- TRESEMMÉis our co-sponsor who have collaborated with Ashish N Soni who will be curating a show themed on volume. Also, a Tresemmé salon will be installed at the venue for people to experience the new products.
- INIFD continues to be the official institute partner and will sponsor the Gen Next show featuring 5 young designers, Abhishek Paatni, Anupreet Sidhu, Diming Rubu, Gaurav Khanijo, Paridhi Jaipuria and Vaibhav Singh
- 6 DEGREEhas taken the naming rights of Stage One, which will be now called the “6 Degree Stage One”. They will also be bringingdesigners,Sanjukta Dutta, Sumona Parekh, ArchithaNarayanam, SarojJalanthis season to showcase their collection along with a talk seminar called “Fashion Tech Talk”, discussing the future of fashion with Technology with people from the industry.
- RELIANCE TRENDS is back this season and have collaborated with designer “Rajesh Pratap Singh” for an exclusive show that will feature iconic trendsetters across various industries walking the ramp.
- MONACO TOURISM has collaborated with Sanjay Garg, who is all set to showcase his festive collection and promoting Monaco as an aspiring wedding destination
- THE ST REGIS MUMBAI continues for the 7th season as our official hotel partner
- TULSI SILKS will showcase the exclusive collection of the Woven Tales KanjipuramSarees
- VEDICAis the official hydration partner and has collaborated with the designer duo Shivan and Narresh
- aLL – The Plus Size Show is curated by Little Shilpa, where the designer has handpicked some oufits from the brands Winter/Festive collection and will be showcased on the runway with designers tinge. aLL also had the first ever Model Auditions for Plus Size people a month before the event.
- 25 kids selected from the Hamleys Kids Ramp Camp will walk for the HAMLEYSshow styled by Diesel.
- HOTSTARis back this season as Lakme Fashion Week’s Live Streaming Partner where they will be live streaming shows.
Save the dates for Lakmé Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2016 scheduled from St.Regis, Mumbai from August24th – August28rd, 2016.
For Live updates and more on upcoming season, follow Lakmé Fashion Week on social media platforms: