Sushmita Mukherjee Profile
- School: Materdei convent, New Delhi
- College: Bachelors in English literature from Jesus and Mary College, New Delhi (University ranker 16th)
- Post Graduation in English literature: from prestigious Miranda House, New Delhi (University ranker 4th)
- 3 year course in NATIONAL SCHOOL of DRAMA, New Delhi, with specialization in acting (first rank)
- Film appreciation course at FTII, Pune Film institute.
- Founder, director of theatre group, NAATAK COMPANY in 1988. Performed as actress, playwright, producer in many productions, performed all over India.
- Worked as costume in charge and script assistant to Vidhu Vinod Chopra in a 1984-85, for ‘Khamosh’.
- Have done a one year course in Steiner’s Waldorf education.
- Has worked as writer, conceptualizer, think tank and producer in Prayaas Production Pvt. Ltd., incepted in 1994. Is currently a Director with the company.
- Has written several scripts for TV, notably ‘Rajpath”Scandal’ ‘Mujhe chand chahiye’. Received NFDC award for best script in competition in 1990.
- Her first novel ‘Me and Ma’ and collection of short stories’ Without make up’ is with a prestigious publication house, pending publication.
- Has acted in scores of THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS with prestigious theatre workers including Naseeruddin Shah, Tom Alter, Dinesh Thakur and Nadira Babbar.
- Has acted in more than 50 TELEVISION SHOWS spanning a career of 30 years. Most famous ones being ‘Karamchand’ in 1984, for which she received several awards and accolades. Has received the Kalashree award, Star Parivar award twice in a row for best actress, in a comic role in ‘Kavyanjali’, several nominations for categories including best actress, best comedienne and best actress in a negative role.
- Has acted in more than 60 FEATURE FILMS in Hindi, Bengali (her mother tongue), Bundeli. She has received several awards and appreciation for her successful movies including ‘King Uncle’, ‘Sir’, ‘Golmaal 1, ”Dostana’. Her latest films are Roopesh Paul’s international project ‘ Kamasutra 3D, Raja R Bundela’s period film ‘Alex Hindustani’ and Hollywood film ‘Sold’ directed by academy award winning director Jeffrey Dean, where she plays the main negative. The film is slated for a world wide release in early 2014.
- Her dream project RUDRAANI KALAGRAM is an art village which she has set up in Orchha, a heritage village in Madhya Pradesh to foster and showcase the rich folk and tribal art forms of the region. (http:/sushmukh.wix.rudraani-kalagram. Also available in YouTube under Orchha’s Rudraani Kalagram). On the 20th of Oct, internationally acclaimed, META awardee for best direction, 2013, Dr Satyabrat Rout, performed ‘Evam indrajeet’ with his troupe. Rudraani Kalagram is in the process of forming into a repertory company for art, theatre, films and culture.
For further information, contact:
PR24x7 Network Limited