Call for Entries for ‘Band Baja Contest 2016’
~ Last date of entry is 10th September 2016~
- One of its kind contest aimed at promoting young aspiring contemporary music bands with an Indian influence/base – through vocals or instruments
- The band should include at least one Indian Instrument/sing in regional language/folk based
- Two winning bands will get their very own show at the NCPA Experimental Theatre on 7th Oct 2016
- The winners will also get the opportunity to meet & greet with the professional artists performing at the One World Many Musics including Shantanu Moitra
Mumbai, September 2016: National Centre for Performing Arts (NCPA) Mumbai givesyoung contemporary music bands a chance to showcase their talent with the ‘Band Baja Contest’.Progressing into the 4th yearof this endeavor to discover and promote amateur musical talents of the country, the contest is all set to raise the bar higher than its last edition.
Young aspiring bands with an Indian influence (either folk based song in Hindi/regional language or use of an Indian instrument like Tabla, flute etc.) can send in their entries to participate in the contest.Entries for the contest will close on 10th September 2016. The selected winners will get an opportunity to performat the Experimental Theatre at 7 pm.
Winners of this year’s band Baja contest will be given the covetedopportunity toperform at the NCPA Experimental Theatrealong with a video recording of their performance at NCPA (a single edited track of their choice). A complimentary ticket will be given to each member of the winning bands for the One World Many Musics Festival along with the opportunity to meet and greet with theperforming artists at the festival-Shantanu Moitra,Ani Choying,Kaushiki Chakrabarty, and others.
The rules for participation are as follows:
- Open only to all amateur band
- Each band to have at least 3 members
- All participants of the band should not be more 35 years of age
- The band should include at least one Indian Instrument/sing in regional language/ folk based
- Percussion instruments like tabla, djembe, etc. can be used.
- Last date of entry – 10th September 2016
To register a band,all aspiring participants need
send the following information to email@example.com
- Band Profile (including band member names and age)
- Band Photograph
- MP3 Audio Tracks – Live or Studio Recorded (YouTube & Sound Cloud links will also be accepted)
- Contact Information – mobile number & email address
- Where exactly did they hear about Band Baja Contest?
About the NCPA:
Opening its doors to the world in 1969, the NCPA became the first multi-venue and multi-purpose cultural centre to be built in South Asia. Vibrant and diverse, the NCPA today is recognized by artistes, patrons and media alike as India’s premier performing arts institution. The Centre provides a fine showcase for India’s rich performing arts traditions, all thanks to the institution’s training and research initiatives.
The NCPA presents over 600 events each year across all major art forms, most notably Indian Music, International Music, Theatre and Film, Dance, and Literature, Visual Arts and Photography. There are Heads of Programming for each of these art forms who curate innovative events and festivals; representative of everything from classical to contemporary throughout the year. The NCPA produces its own programmes as well as collaborates with leading cultural promoters from around the world. NCPA is the only member organisation of the International Music Council (IMC) from India.
To know more visit http://www.ncpamumbai.com | Find us on Facebook and Twitter @NCPAMumbai